The Mid-Atlantic Consortium of Recycling and Economic Development Officials (MACREDO) is an organization of recycling and economic development interests of the states of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia. The organization's mission is to identify, promote, and implement projects and programs that enhance recycling and economic development opportunities on a regional basis.
- Stimulate demand for post-consumer materials.
- Create an efficient regional recycling infrastructure.
- Position post-consumer recyclables as viable feedstocks for manufactured products.
- Institutionalize the practice of buying recycled-content products in the public and private sectors.
- Identify and implement projects that financially sustain collection operations and maximize material diversion at the local level.
- Stimulate economic growth and create jobs.
What We Do
- Combine individual state and local recycling and job creation efforts for regional success.
- Research recycling market issues.
- Provide region-wide publications concerning the availability of recyclable materials and recycling business opportunities.
- Offer a forum for information exchange between member jurisdictions, local authorities, the private sector, and nonprofit organizations.